About This Site
Ally McBeal UK
AllyFic List Guidelines
Written by Manager Arthur Tham (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Edited by Webmaster Daniel Rees (email@example.com)
- Post only plain text documents. Do not post messages with HTML or
any other document format.
- Keep it to 72 characters per line (any longer will wrap or run off
- Single spaced lines only
- Left justify your text (as opposed to right, center, or full
- Do not use the TAB key for indents, use the space bar instead
- Do not use smart quotes (quotation marks that curve, rather than
straight ones that I have here around the words "smart
- Do not use high ASCII characters those characters made by using
various key combinations, such as [ALT] and a number for PCs, or
[Option] and a letter for Macs)
- Do not post messages that begin each line with ">" or
any other similar character used for quoting.
- Please post messages relating only to Ally McBeal fan fiction. We
welcome all messages posted for the purpose of aiding authors. This
would include, but is not exclusive to, questions about episodes and
- Please do not post any non-Ally McBeal related messages. This
includes, but is not exclusive to, Spam, chain letters, hoaxes, and
- Please do not use this list as a forum for the general discussion of
Ally McBeal. If a discussion starts from a post to this list, please
use private e-mail to continue. Those seeking to discuss Ally McBeal
in general should join the Ally McBeal mailing list and/or visit the
- To join the Ally McBeal mailing list, Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the body of the message put "subscribe ally" (without
quotes). The Usenet newsgroup is located at alt.tv.ally-mcbeal. Free
access to Usenet newsgroups is available at http://dekland.tripod.com/allymcbeal/usenet-newsgroup.html
- Please do not use profanity in your post. It is not necessary and it
definitely not impressive.
-POSTING OF FAN-FICTION-
Please follow a similar format to this when posting:
AUTHOR: David E. Kelley / email@example.com
DISTRIBUTION: Ask permission, please.
SUMMARY: Ally goes out with a well-endowed model named Glenn.
RATING: PG-13, contains discussion of sex.
DISCLAIMER: Well, I'm David E. Kelley, so I own my own show! No copyright
infringement has occurred.
TITLE: Ally Goes to Work
AUTHOR: John Fish / firstname.lastname@example.org
ARCHIVE: Only when completed.
SUMMARY: Ally goes to work to find something interesting.
RATING: R; contains violence.
DISCLAIMER: Ally is owned by David E. Kelley and Fox. DEK rules!
- I'm not very strict on this format. Slight variation is acceptable.
- State the kind of replies you would like. Some people don't like
harsh criticism, so if you're one of those people, be sure to state
- A spoiler warning in the header, as well as in the body of your
message is always helpful. If you are posting a message that may give
away critical info to those who have not yet seen the show, this is a
nice courtesy. Monday nights and Tuesdays are always a good time for
- Please limit your signatures to 5 lines or less. It is considered by
some to be poor netiquette to exceed the limit.
- Please do not include the trailer with your reply. The trailer looks
eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/allyfic
Free Web-based e-mail groups by eGroups.com
- When responding to a post, there's no need to quote the entire post
you're responding to. This takes up unnecessary space (and your
message can get lost in the quote). Please take the time to learn your
system's editing features before posting.
- Please quote the portion of the post you are responding to, in order
to provide context for your response. If, however, your response
consists only of an "I agree" or a "me-too", it is
advisable to just send a personal e-mail.
- Last but certainly not least, PLEASE be considerate to the feelings
of others. This is a very diverse list, and our differing opinions are
what make it worthwhile. If you disagree with a statement, concept, or
idea, please attack that statement, concept, or idea… not the
person. On that same note, if a heated debate becomes a debate between
only two or three people, please do others the courtesy of taking that
debate to private e-mail.
- Portions of this list of guidelines were borrowed from the
unofficial guidelines of the Ally McBeal mailing list, Susan M.
Stiefel's story formatting page and the Willow Rosenberg Buffy the
Vampire Slayer fan-fiction list. We reserve the right to modify this
list at any time without prior notice.
- A version of the Ally McBeal Fan-Fiction Mailing List Guidelines can
be found at http://allymcbeal-litsociety.hypermart.net
1. Legal Notice: "Ally
McBeal" TM and © (or copyright) Fox and
its related companies. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication, or
distribution in any form is expressly prohibited.; and
2. Disclaimer: This
web site, its operators, and any content contained on this site relating to
"Ally McBeal" are not authorized by Fox.